1st - 5th October.
The Gambit Design team wanted to clear up some of the misconception around the Primeval Slayer buff. Here is their statement.
There appear to be some misconceptions about the “Primeval Slayer” buff in Gambit, particularly with how the leading team’s buff count affects the trailing team’s, so we’d like to take this opportunity to shed some light on it!
- Our intent for the Primeval phase is that the team that summons first gains advantage.
- The number of Primeval Slayer stacks held is unique to each team.
- If one team is significantly advanced in their Primeval Slayer stacks, the team that is behind receives ‘bonus’ stacks when spawning their own Primeval. However, the number of bonus stacks received is always going to be less than the leading team’s current total. Think of it as a tow cable trailing behind the leading team.
- There is a limit to the catch-up mechanic’s generosity. Even if the leading team is at Primeval Slayer x10, the lagging team will never start out with more than a few stacks when spawning their Primeval.
Our twin goals have been hitting the right balance between elasticity and competitiveness, and fostering close, dynamic games. Now that Gambit is out in the wild, we’re closely monitoring the conversation around the Primeval phase (and playing a ton of it ourselves).
- Team has been made aware of the feedback about the spawn rate of the Malfeasance boss. (Reddit)
- The bug where Riven's animation gives up and doesn't allow you to kill her (see source for details) is being tracked. (Reddit)
- Cozmo will make sure that the bug where Fusion Rifle Scavenger doesn't work is being tracked. (Reddit)
- Feedback to have a daily login bonus (For example, like In Monster Hunter World) has been heard. (Forums)
- Telesto glitch isn't coming back. (Reddit)
- Feedback regarding Breakthrough allowing players to inflate their stats (by various means, see source) has been passed along to the Crucible team. They will let you know when more info is available. (Reddit)
- They'll take a look at the Whisper to see if its base damage has been unintentionally nerfed. (Reddit)
- On claims that "Bungie tries to sneak something in (like a nerf to a weapon) and then claim it's a bug when they get caught":
One of our goals on the community team is to fix this sentiment.
We do not wish to slip in changes without informing the community. We don't look to spin intentional changes as bugs. Sometimes we miss patch notes, which isn't acceptable, and sometimes bugs are indeed shipped that have a negative impact on aspects of the game.
We're working with the dev team to strengthen the process and make sure we don't miss important changes. (Reddit)
On the Whisper issue:
Sandbox team gave me some clarification on this.
In the 2.0 patch notes, we specifically called out the following:
Developer Insight: The tuning of Destiny weapons and abilities is inexorably tied to the systems that we build upon. Ultimately our goal is to still provide gameplay challenge despite a global increase in player damage output due to the new systems introduced. To properly support the higher uptime of Shotguns, Snipers, and Fusions, the following changes were made to all weapons in the game.
Special Ammo Weapons
Reduced damage output of Special ammo weapons
The reduction in damage was also applied to Snipers/Shotguns that remained in the power slot, AKA D.A.R.C.I, Whisper, and Legend of Acrius. We summed up a major change that touched all Snipers/Shotguns/Fusions in a simple patch note, missing the edge case weapons in an alternate slot. We're recording this mishap to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future, if we have changes that touch all weapons of a specific type.
Since Forsaken and the reduction to damage on these weapons in particular, these weapons are still effective in the power slot against enemies in PvE and PvP. If you have any feedback in terms of their viability, please sound off and I'll pass it along! (Reddit)
- Teams are looking at ways to get you more mods a bit more often. Will give info when available. (Reddit)
- Team is investigating the issue where certain mobs are broken (the Taken Fallen vandals that don't use bubbles anymore and Hive knights not using their shields, etc). No ETA yet. (Reddit) 2
- Bugged Gambit clan engrams are being investigated. (Reddit)
- They are aware that Guitar errors are occuring more frequently than normal. Team is investigating. (Reddit)
- DMG believes that a fix is being cooked up for the Phoenix Protocol bug. No ETA yet. (Reddit)
- Team is looking at potential solutions to the mod economy system. (Reddit)
- Chaos Reach energy bug (see source) is a nasty bug that the team is looking into. They do not expect a fix to be ready for either 2.0.4 or 2.0.5. (Reddit)
- Scout Rifle damage buff planned for 10/16. (Reddit)
- Whisper not working well with Well of Radiance is a known issue. Should be addressed this month as well. (Twitter)
Q. Why was the decision made to make the gambit boss fix in a month? That’s just not good enough. Help us understand.
Fixes take time. We'd love to address things immediately, but we have to test. Imagine a world where the proposed fix that's currently under investigation was rushed into an earlier release, only to further reduce chances of the boss, or cause crashes of the game all together.
Gotta make sure our test teams have ample time to check all angles, and verify things are solid. (Twitter)
- On the rampant Weasel errors earlier:
Just a heads up to you all: looks like the root cause is when bounties end up in your postmaster and then expire. The support folks should be making a post soon in the Help section of the site to warn people, but as a heads up until this is fixed in the game side you can run into this if you let a bounty sit in your postmaster until it expires.
Unfortunately, I don't have a good workaround for those of you already experiencing this until the real fix goes live. We don't have a release window for when the fix will be allowed to be pushed live, it's still in the works and has to go through normal ceritification/release channels. Stay tuned with the Bungie Help folks to keep posted on updates to this issue!
I think that the unfortunate limitation - why there can't be a quick fix now and then a longer term fix later - is that in order to fix either of them, we need a patch. That'll mean that, because of the certification and other rigmarole around releasing patches, we'll probably end up doing both in one shot unfortunately.
If we could [change it so that those specific bountes won't drop] without having to patch content as well, that would be a great option! Unfortunately, it's not something we can do at this time without itself requiring a patch.
It looks like [the Weasel fix] should be going live later this month - target date appears to be 10/16, but that depends on console cert and all the usual factors around deploying patches game-side. Sorry about the wait! Unfortunately we'll need that game-side fix before this will be resolved. (Reddit)
Hang tight, I know that's a long wait and I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing those of you already experiencing the problem.
Anyone not experiencing this issue yet, please make sure to clear all bounties out of your Postmaster before they expire: that will keep you clear of this situation! (Reddit)
- The combined Valor & Glory progression is still there. You only see glory in the PGCR but Valor is happening behind the scenes too. (Twitter)
- Any rank related objective can be completed anytime during the season and will count once you hit a step that requires it. Making Valor progress during the early steps still makes progress towards the later step. This is also true of Glory. The quest look at your current seasons high watermark. Hit Fabled or Legend and it wont matter if you decay down. The quest will keep that high watermark for reference one you get to those steps. (Twitter)
- Resets still count towards the Broadsword quest before you hit that quest step. It’s that the UI doesn’t show a progress bar so players are confused. Feedback is noted. (Twitter)
- They will keep in mind the feeback about Broadsword/Luna's Howl quests not being shared account wide moving forward. Unfortunately there isn’t a good way to update the existing quests in such a manner without nuking player progress. (Twitter)
Q. So I know that if I hit 2100 before the other steps it carries over. But does my progress in the steps before reaching fabled carry over if I don’t finish them this season? For example if I am at 45% solar kills does that carry over after this season ends? Thanks!
Yeah objective progress carries across seasons but the rank objectives do not. So if you’re on a rank step you need to complete it before the reset or you’re gonna have to get your rank up again. (Twitter) All rank objectives must be completed WITHIN the season. (Twitter)
- They're looking at an issue with the second damage bump not proc-ing with the Wish Ender. It's being looked at. (Twitter)
- Thread with graphs can be found here.
- They are aware of the issue where people use Breakthrough to farm Luna's Howl kills. (Twitter)
TL;DR on Oct 30th Malfeasance Boss will spawn more often Quitter Penalties are re-enabled Sleeper gets less ammo, while Swords get more from Power Crates We're constantly looking at feedback and game data; expect changes to Gambit bounties, rewards and more in future updates. (Twitter)
Q. What about picking up heavy ammo on the ground from PvE enemies? Does the +2 still apply, or do I still pickup 5-6? 4 from the crate wasn't bad, I think mostly everyone had issues with the amount you can get from PvE
Ammo from dropped bricks is unchanged. (Twitter)
Q. Wait does this change apply to crucible?
No, it does not. (Twitter)
- AFK timeouts are enabled in Gambit. (Twitter)
- With the changes it will be significantly easier to get the vanity items even though they are no longer guaranteed. (Twitter)
- Boss spec Mods increase your damage against the Primeval. (Twitter)