22nd - 26th October
- Players not being able to leave lobbies is a known issue and they are working on it. (Reddit)
- They won't nerf rocket launchers. (Forums)
- They are dramatically increasing the Ascendant Primeval Servitor (Meatball)'s spawn rate in Tuesday's patch. (Forums)
- Will look into if armor Masterworking is working as intended/planned. (Reddit)
- If you won a recent Bungie Bounty and are missing your emblem, post in this thread (or this thread if you don't have Twitter) with the required info so they can get it to you.
- The team is aware of the feedback around collections and random rolls. They are considering different solutions and your opinions are valuable so please keep sharing them. (Forums)
- Feedback about letting players change intrinsic perk on armor akin to Y1 Masterworking (like change Mobile armor to Recovery or Heavy) has been passed along. (Reddit)
- While Edge Transit will forever live in their hearts, there are no current plans to create an emblem for this sacred weapon. (Forums)
- Next week, Exotic rewards will be updated to favor items that you have not already acquired. Duplicates can and will still happen, but at a much lower rate. The team has also made a change to duplicate drops, in that they will favor armor over weapons. This will help those who are searching for specific perk sets now that armor offers random rolls. More in the TWAB. (Forums)
- Feedback about letting players edit their Guardians has been passed along. (Forums)
- Feedback about implementing a shooting range of sorts to test weapons has been passed along. (Forums)
- Mayhem is currently offline as they fix a few issues that were introduced with Forsaken. Once they have more info, they'll let you know when to expect the mode to return (Forums)
- Re: “Why no sparrows on Mercury?”:
We actually looked into this back before Warmind. It was during a risky time where the product was closing out, and it actually created an issue where the game would crash.
As we were close to deadlines, the change had to be backed out. We’ve been focusing on quality of life topics and such for future updates, so I’ll make sure to bring this up again.
In terms of known issues, the Player Support team is looking at ways to improve communication [on Reddit], working with the Bungie.net team on this as well. No ETA, but they are dedicated to having the list easier to find, and easier to parse.
Can't say [when/if players can expect to use Sparrows on Mercury] All lands on what the changes are that we want to strive for, what time/resources we have, etc. (Reddit)
- Feedback about Mini Tool and Drang needing to be brought forward into Forsaken has been passed along. (Forums)
- Team is aware that players want a Vanguard triumph seal. (Forums)
- On how PSN name changes will impact Destiny: (Reddit)
Our test teams will be looking at this. We won’t have 100% answers until they’ve completed their work, but here’s what we’ve got right now:
We have confidence that Destiny 2 will not be impacted by any issues if players choose to change their name
- This includes any legacy information from D1, like your emblems for being a veteran player
In terms of Destiny 1, we are looking at some edge-case scenarios that won’t impact the majority of players.
- Potential issues may range from issues signing in to characters, failing to join friends, or various error codes in gameplay.
- We do not know the exacts, and some of these issues may not be frequent or severe. We still need to test to verify.
Bungie.net may only have some oddities when attempting to search for player accounts or interacting with old PGCR data, but we need to test around this as well.
We’ll get you an update when we can, but we don’t have a firm ETA at this time.
- They will look into if Lunafaction works as intended with Well of Radiance. (Reddit)
- They don't comment on things related to raid reward odds. (Questions such as: Does using multiple ethereal keys in the final room of the raid increase your odds of receiving the One Thousand Voices? Or is each chest just a flat percentage? Is it guaranteed to be in at least one of the chests?) (Reddit)
- They've heard the feedback about implementing cross-save and passed it along. No further info available. (Reddit)
- Feedback to add bounties that require people to kill Primeval Envoy Wizards has been passed along. (Reddit)
- Suros Regime bug should be fixed. (Reddit)
Our Game Security Team is always updating our monitoring tools in response to ever-changing attacks. We recently had a wave of bans and restrictions that targeted players using aimbots, and more punishments are incoming as soon as we double-check our results.
If you believe you have encountered a player who was breaking the Code of Conduct or license agreement, please report suspected cheating in-game. If you have additional evidence, such as a youtube video, you can submit it here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13967
Additionally, here’s a quick link to the restriction/banning policies article: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11929
- All pinnacle weapon quests will persist across seasons. You will still need to hit legend for Not Forgotten. The quests will still be around as is next season. (Twitter)
- Matchmaking in IB is done slightly different than Quickplay, and very different from Competitive. Light Level isn't taken into account when matchmaking. (Twitter)
- Unfortunately, they're relying on a game-side fix to resolve the Triumph notification when moving items issue: there's nothing that they can do on the API side to work around it. [Edgar] checked a couple of days ago and it was still on the backlog. A good workaround is to go in and activate/"complete" all of your triumphs on each of your characters. (Reddit)
On accusations that fan-made companion apps (for example, lowlidev's site) collect private data:
When 3rd parties use our OAuth mechanism, we require users who authenticate through it to read our terms of service. He doesn't get any of that sort of data: just the Destiny API and Bungie.Net membership data needed for his site to track your progress! (Reddit)
Post October 30th, the Ascendant Primeval Servitor will have a greater chance to spawn every week, not just Week 3 Curse.
For Week 1 and 2 Curse, the spawn rate increase will be higher than the current Week 3 spawn rate.
Week 3 will still have the highest spawn rate for the Servitor, in a previous TWAB we announced that it will have almost the same spawn rate as any other Primeval. (Twitter)
Infamy Rewards from bounties will grant 2x / 3x the listed reward when completed. (Twitter)