Drops, Luna's, future of PVP, rewards, more.
- They are making the drop rates increase each Reckoning completion you don't get a drop until you have a guaranteed chance for a weapon to drop. They will also be adding most of the weapons to the loot pool of Gambit Prime to increase the ways you can earn Season of the Drifter weapons. Most weapons will have a chance to drop at the end of Gambit Prime matches and the drop chances will also increase each match you don't get a drop. Gnawing Hunger, Just In Case, and Doomsday will remain as exclusive drops in the Reckoning. (Reddit)
- You can read the official post here, these changes are currently scheduled to deploy next week in 2.2.1.
- They will share details for what Sandbox changes we are making in 2.2.1 in the the TWAB on Thursday. The changes are scheduled to go live on 9th of April. (Reddit)
- The team is currently looking at feedback regarding Luna's Howl. They've seen numerous threads over Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten over the last few months, and have been looking at usage stats on the backend. They will let you know once they have a plan together. (Forums)
- The feedback of adding banners to older content (Shattered Throne, Leviathan) is known by the team, but it may remain on a backlog. Balancing between bug fixes, QOL, and creation of new content is a tricky act - but they'll be sure to let you know if this change can be made in the future. (Forums)
- Feedback to rename the banners has been passed along to the team. A quick example of how they're taking this feedback moving forward would be the raid banner at the beginning of Reckoning activities. No need to rename. (Forums)
- On there being little reward in D2:
It's a difficult balancing act. When Destiny 2 first released, we received a lot of feedback that things were to easy to earn. Without random rolls, there was no reason to replay activities to re-earn rewards. Without RNG, things were missing the spark of Destiny 1. An example we'd see was players replaying Vault of Glass numerous times for the Mythoclast.
That said, we're doing some tuning on RNG. Reckoning will have better chances, and bad luck protection, for weapon drops. We're making sure the Nightfall rotation brings back activities more frequently for the unique weapons/rewards, and ada-1 bounties offer bounties for every weapon so you can grind out your desired roll.
We've also introduced Pinnacle Weapons - players have given a lot of great feedback on how they enjoy the straight path to a reward, but we've also gotten poor feedback that the path is sometimes too easy or too hard.
All in all, Destiny 2 will continue to evolve. Whether it be tuning RNG, Sandbox, Crucible - the experience will continue to change. Cheers to all who are coming along for the ride. (Forums)
- On scheduling and how the next patch addressing DC ship drop rates lands after full curse week:
That’s how scheduling pans out sometimes.
We couldn’t bring the patch forward a week- would have lost some fixes and tuning in the process.
Couldn’t bump curse week out, would have impacted many systems tied to the calendar of recurrence.
I agree, it’s a bummer we couldn’t have these both land on the same week, but curse week will continue happening in Destiny 2- it’s not going away. You will have a chance to get the cosmetic next time Shattered Throne is around. (Forums)
- Spider's bounties are purely RNG. They are currently addressing poor selection in Nightfalls and Ada's bounties (planned for 2.2.1). Will follow up to ask about Spider bounties. (Forums)
- They've seen feedback for vendors, ranging for more sources for Enhanced Perks, to splitting reward packages between Armor and Weapons. (Forums)
- They're seeing a lot of players this season taking on the solo challenge in Comp. With the recent matchmaking changes for Glory, they're also seeing a bit more success from players reaching Fabled. (Forums)
- "There are members of the development team who come in to Bungie every day to work on Destiny, and they're hard at work, upstairs right now on future evolution for the Crucible." (Stream) (Forums)
- A lot of development time is required to make Gambit Primes maps Gambit compatible, hence why some maps didn't make the cut.