Revelry and the Crucible, Guitar Errors and Orbs
- On Revelry and the Crucible:
With the Revelry, we wanted to rejuvenate every activity type in Destiny with a global change to the Sandbox meta that lasted for a limited time. We knew this would be disruptive, but were willing to try the experiment because the event only lasts for a few weeks.
It’s clear we overshot – instead of adding excitement and variation to the Crucible (especially in Competitive), we’ve instead made the experience random and frustrating.
We don’t have the ability to immediately remove Tonics in Competitive via our servers. We’ll continue to investigate possible changes but this experiment will have to run the duration of the Revelry before we can patch a change.
We’ve learned a lot from the last 2 days of Revelry. The next time we make changes that affect the overall Sandbox for a limited time, we will ensure a much better experience for the Crucible. (Reddit) (Forums)
- You'll have 4 weeks after the Revelry ends to finish Fabled/Legend Glory pushes. (Reddit)
- There is a bug where Unbroken title requires Forsaken to claim. Fixed in a future update. (Reddit)
- It's uncertain if they have the ability to freeze Glory decay for Revelry. There is potential for this to be something they add as a QOL feature for the future. Can't make a promise on that, but team is aware. (Reddit)
- Guitar Errors and orbs:
We’ve been tracking an issue where Guitar errors were appearing frequently in Raids, Gambit, and Gambit Prime since the Revelry event went live. Through our investigation, we’ve found that Orb generation off of precision kills, specific to Revelry, are causing these errors.
Effective immediately, we’re disabling precision Orb generation for these activities for the remainder of the event. Additionally, we will be disabling this functionality in Competitive Crucible. While we are unable to disable the effects of Tonic buffs, we have the ability to disable Orb generation which has been a topic of feedback since Revelry went live.
Triumphs and Bounties associated with Revelry orb generation may be completed in Quickplay Crucible playlists, Strikes, Patrols, Black Armory Forges, and the Verdant Forest. (Forums) (Twitter)
- Revelry Precision Orb Generation has been disabled in Raids, Gambit, and Gambit Prime to prevent Guitar errors. They have also disabled this functionality in Competitive Crucible. (Twitter)
- Arbalest can be solo'd without playing Crucible, but completionists will have to dip their toe into PvP. The team is investigating Guitar errors to see if a fix can be applied, but they may not be able to prior to the event ending. (Twitter)