Weekly Summary 10
- If you have Annual Pass, you can get Arbalest back from Collections. If you don't, you have to wait for the fix. (Reddit)
- Xur not having random rolls is still being investigated. No ETA on fix. (Reddit)
- Feedback about QoL improvements to EP, Blind Well, Forges, and the Reckoning has been forwarded to the team. (See source) (Reddit)
- Forges not giving clan XP will be brought up. (Reddit)
- One more IB this season. (Forums)
- Will let the team know that there is a lot of feedback to buff Oxygen SR3. (Reddit)
- The change to Xur didn't work properly to allow for Xûr to have random rolls on armor. They are currently investigating this issue. (Reddit)
- On frequency of Sandbox updates:
We are always trying to do as many updates to the overall sandbox as we can. We just did made changes to many of the arc subclasses a few weeks ago. We are making some changes to Spectral Blades in the next update, and then we have the pinnacle Hand Cannon changes coming in Season 7. I know that there are still a lot of things that the community would like changed. Please continue to give us feedback and we will let the team know what changes players are requesting most often. (Reddit)
- On balancing PVE and PVP separately, and Lunas:
We've definitely been making changes recently that affect PVP and PVE slightly differently. A few examples from 2.2.1
Buff now increases weapon damage
- 25% in PvE
- 20% in PvP
- Increased damage resistance while dodging from 25% to 40% in PvP
- Increased damage resistance while dodging from 63% to 70% In PvE
But we do still want to maintain a consistent feel where possible so things don't behave wildly different depending on the activity.
I can definitely let the dev team know that there are concerns that the changes to Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten will have impacts on using those guns in PVE.
I just got Luna's recently and haven't used it in PVE that much yet, so let me know how you like to use LH/NF in PVE and what changes you would like to see to preserve it's effectiveness against combatants. (Reddit) 2
- Feedback to bring back Rift and Elimination has been passed along. (There were a lot of complaints about Rift back in D1) (Forums)
- They're tracking the bug where shaders, moods, mods and alike refuse to apply. (Reddit) (Forums)
- They are working on a fix for Vex not counting for this week's Invitation Of The Nine pursuits. (Reddit)
- Iron Ruby bug (IB shader) should be fixed for the next Iron Banner. They will let you know if anything changes. (Forums)
- Will let the team know that players would like to see all available PVP maps more often/at all in Quick Play. (Cozmo knows there are some map/mode combinations that players have given feedback on not playing well like Control on Emperors Respite.) (Forums)
- They have the ability to turn off the Orbs server side, but the Tonic would require a client patch. (Reddit)
- Feedback to add Trials weapons to Comp lootpool has been forwarded. (Forums)
- Will ask if they can reduce the amount of orbs required for the Verdant Light triumph. (Forums)
- They were able to identify players who where erroneously awarded duplicated items from the Revelry's Jubilant Engram on the backend. Stay tuned for an in-game message. When they are sending out messages, it may take a day or so for everyone to be notified. If you were impacted by this error and don't receive a message, submit a post to the #Help forum. (Reddit)
- They've tested the Triumphs in development builds to see if the hidden Triumph issue happens. Triumphs should appear, and players should be able to complete them once the change (regarding Verdant light Competitive) is live. (Reddit)
- Aiming to talk about Raid Keys in the next TWAB. (Twitter)
- Invitations don't have an expiration. If you complete [The Tower Invitation] after the patch on Tuesday, and before Thursday next week, I don't believe you would be blocked from the new invitation on Friday. (Twitter)
- Faction Catalysts will become available in the summer - more details on sources closer to the date. (Forums)
- At this time, they are unable to auto-complete Invitations of The Nine.
At this time, we are unable to auto-complete this step of the quest. Ultimately, all players on this step will be delayed until a hotfix is issued. (Reddit)
This issue impacted more than just the Invitations of the Nine quest steps. Reverting the global fix would break a few other things, and not address the actual issue that's impacting this quest.
Fixing the actual bug here will prevent future issues if we have quests like it in the future. We fully understand the bummer of being delayed a week on this step - I'm right there with you. We should have a fix pretty quick. (Reddit)
- On Blackout in Reckoning:
We've been monitoring completion rates and general community feedback. At this time, there are no plans to remove Blackout from Reckoning.
I've seen a few strategies to overcome this modifier throughout feedback threads, ranging from weapon loadouts to specific subclasses being used against melee enemies. That, paired with teamwork, can lead to success.
We'll continue to pass along thoughts from the community to the team. Whether it leads to a change in this activity, or the team applies these learnings to future activity, it is greatly appreciated that many of you have taken the time to give feedback! (Forums)
- Luna's Howl:
The team has been hard at work on these changes, ensuring the weapons are still viable (and heavy hitters) in the sandbox. Coming from playtests, they still feel to be the "pinnacle" legendary hand cannons of D2.
To answer a few questions:
- The weapon retains the recoil and animation of 180 RPM Precision handcannons
- The change to Magnificent Howl prevents 2tap kills. Ex: Players could get 2 headshots on one enemy to proc Magnificent Howl, and then defeat another in just 2 headshots.
We'll be watching feedback as it comes in, and once the changes go live in Season of Opulence. Cheers to all chiming in with their thoughts. Keep asking questions, and we'll answer where we can. (Twitter)
- On QA:
QA is an important part of development at Bungie. The team spends hours going through aspects of the game. To claim that we do not spend time on QA for Destiny 2 is false. Context: An alternate issue prevented us from encountering this during the QA window.
An alternate issue occurred in development where objectives for defeating enemies on specific destinations would gain progress from ANY destination. When testing Vex kills in the Warden of Nothing strike, this gained progress due to that issue.
We recently addressed this issue, so progress would only be made on the required destinations. As such, we've now found that the Warden of Nothing strike is not registering as the Tangled Shore. The team is developing a fix, and we'll give updates on when to expect it. (Twitter)
- More on the Verdant Light triumph and turning Reverlic Light back on in Gambit:
We’re looking into options here. We are in a world where turning orbs back on in Gambit would risk a very large portion of games played over the course of three weeks.
While some in this thread were noting that they didn’t have issues, we were witnessing a very large increase in errors that impacted the entire population, whether they were engaging in Revelry or just playing Gambit for Gambit.(Reddit) (Forums)
- Revelry Ornaments:
Checking with the team last week, we've got the following info for you!
- Ornaments have a similar set-up to the Reckoning weapons after update 2.2.1
- Chances increase with each package purchased that does not contain an Ornament
NOTE: This is Character based. If you are hopping around from character to character and purchasing packages, your chances are increasing, but steadily across each. If you're looking to earn the ornaments, I suggest sticking to a single character when buying the packages to have the best chances before the event ends. We've tested this internally, and I've done the same on my account at home over the weekend to make sure.
That said, the team is aware of feedback over the contents of the packages, the price of them, and the desire for ornaments to last longer than the event. As with the Tonic, the time it would take to develop changes, properly test them, and deploy would take longer than the remainder of the event. Ultimately, the feedback collected during the Revelry will be used to inform future development of events.
Thanks to all who have been posting, and we'll continue to monitor for the next two weeks! (Reddit)
- Missed patchnote about Striker Titan bottom tree can be found here.
- Sparrows on Mercury:
Last year, we were looking at some QOL topics to address. Sparrows on Mercury was one of them.
An issue came up when developing the change, which was towards the tail end of a development cycle, causing builds to crash. There wasn't proper time to investigate, so the change was reverted and the item was placed on a backlog, as other items had higher priority. (Ex: Developing Forsaken, other QOL changes, etc.)
I'll check with the team to see if this can be re-evaluated for the future. (Forums)
- Moving forward, they are making pinnacle weapon quests account based. (Forums)