Weekly Summary 11
- On jumping puzzles in timed activities:
We totally understand that some players don't like jumping puzzles or timed activities. This experience utilized those mechanics, and many players are reporting that they enjoy it. We will continue to monitor the response. Not all future activities will require jumping puzzles or timed execution. We'll continue to create different content for different moods. Thanks! (Forums)
- Will let the team know that ammo synths are still heavily desired by the community. Will also give them the feedback on adding a Rally flag in Zero Hour. (Forums)
- TR3-VR is waiting.
- All feedback regarding the nerfs be reported back. Community reaction is understood. (Reddit) 2
- The changes listed in the TWAB are definitely going into the next update. Cozmo will be taking feedback from players who are responding to the changes on paper, and will continue to take feedback after players get the weapon/armor in their hands and are able to test it out for themselves. (Reddit) 2
- You don't have to wait to give feedback. Sometimes feedback changes between reading patch notes and testing out the change in game. Not always. They'll continue to monitor and report back to the team. (Reddit)
- There will continue to be changes to the game after the next update. (Reddit)
- They wanted to make sure the players got the info now rather than find out about it in the patch notes. (Reddit)
- Info on the buffs and preview of the pinnacle weapons next week. (Reddit) 2
- They'll talk more about Crucible changes this summer. (Reddit) 2
- They tried to be transparent about the nerfs last week. (Reddit)
- The picture shown in the TWAB is a featured list. There will be an additional tab with more items available for Bright Dust. That picture is just the highlighted items for Bright Dust. There is another tab with the rest of the items available for Bright Dust. Majority of items will be available for bright dust, cycling throughout the season on the bright dust storefront. Most items will be available for Bright Dust. Only some items will be Silver only - like with this season. (Reddit 1) (Reddit 2) (DMG, Reddit) (Forums)
- A small amount of items will be available for direct purchase with Silver only. They will highlight these items via @Bungie when they are live on the storefront. The Best of Year One engram, available in Season of Opulence, will only have Year 1 items from Eververse (DMG, Reddit)
- They wanted to make sure they were transparent about changes to Eververse. Didn't want the community blindsided by a new interface day one without giving players details on what to expect. (Reddit)
- You do the Power Surge quest once, you can pick up the armor on any character. (Reddit) The Power Surge bounty is the introduction to the new season. (Deej, Twitter)
- You'll be able to launch the new 6 man activity from orbit/director. (Reddit)
- If there is any new information regarding the nerfs, they will let you know as soon as they can. (Twitter)
- Will let the team know that there is interest from the community to have a PVP game mode where it's just guns. (Forums)
- Will let the team know that the community would like to play Scorch again. (Forums)
- On feedback regarding Blackout in T3 Reckoning, rewards, and more - DMG will make sure the team is aware of the feedback for the post-sandbox tuning world. (Reddit)
- On why players are forced to track a quest again after finishing a quest step:
Shot a question to the team last night on this topic- we'd been seeing this feedback for some time, and got a bit of info on where it's at on the development floor.
This isn't necessarily a bug where something is outright broken and preventing the tracking feature from working, but some wake from the way in which quests evolved from Destiny 1 to Destiny 2. The UI backend of quests going from step to step has changed between games, so the tracking feature wasn't being applied from step to step. Bounties or Triumphs in particular only have one step to track, so this isn't felt there. Just on Quests.
It'll take a bit of time for the team to create a change that would address the feedback at hand, which is also bring prioritized against other work that the team has on their plate.
That said, the team is looking at this for a future update. With each quest that we add to the game, we understand that the QOL request resurfaces time and time again. This won't be addressed in Season of Opulence, but the plan of record is for this to be touched in an update further out.
We'll give you an update when we have more specific information on a timeframe for the fix. Until then, you'll need to hit the quest page between each step to track it. (Reddit)
Making exotic quests account scoped rather than per character is something the team is looking at. We've gotten feedback of players not wanting to do some things multiple times per character. (Reddit)
- They're collecting various threads for feedback items to update community priority on their list. Will make sure that things like dropping into competitive games outnumbered and getting penalized is included. (Reddit)
- Last Hand Ornament will be available in Season of Opulence. (Reddit)
- They'll have more information about Season of Opulence coming as they approach the beginning of the new season. Stay tuned. (Reddit)
Nine Hydras / Senior World Artist.
On Zero Hour:
- On the design:
We really wanted to play with expectations of running through the tower content backwards and then I tried to immediately hit players with a big shot of: “Woah, this is uh.. NEW??” right as you turn the corner after the elevator and get out under the Tower’s wing (Twitter)
We had two world artists, one who kicked ass and reprised the original tower areas, did lots of work on the vault, built TR3-VR and his maze. And then myself which I was responsible for the big traversal section right after the underwatch doing the normal and heroic paths, all the helper switches and everything leading up to the TR3-VR maze. And then we had the same designer who worked on Whisper and the same dedicated tester and that was the core team plus audio, lighting, vfx who do their scheduled passes. (Twitter)
I was responsible for the big traversal section after the underwatch and I actually watched The Fugitive right before I started working on it and had this idea of “holy shit we should jump out the back of the Tower” (Twitter) Also I’m a huge Metal Gear nerd so I guess there’s a lot of Shadow Moses going on in this mission. (Twitter)
In the heroic traversal first two rooms I designed the area to specifically encourage players to split up so that one guy could be flipping all the levers like: "WTF do these do?" and someone in the lids room is just watching them go up and down repeatedly [all confused]. (Twitter) And I also made the choice with [mechanics] so you can grief your friends (Twitter)