Lord of Wolves statement, next patch, Iron Banner feedback.
- Feedback that players want to see SRL back has been passed along. (Forums)
- Alongside the feedback that players want to be able to edit their Guardian appearance. (Forums)
- On Iron Banner:
Sat down with a few of the folks who worked on S7 Iron Banner yesterday, walked through the feeback[sic] we’d been seeing here and elsewhere.
1. Quest format works for armor acquisition, but specific steps are not enjoyable- in other words, we see good feedback on how players have a direct path to earn armor, but some specific objectives are very time intensive for a single season
2. Grenades, as a “verb”, are difficult objectives to complete - this step takes a very long time compared to others
3. The quest being character scoped would feel better if the quest was easier to complete. As it stands, players are giving feedback that this feels like a quest meant to be account scoped
4. Iron Banner engram now has quite a bit of loot, making it hard to get random rolls on the things you care about
What else do you like or dislike about the quest? (Forums)
- Cozmo is unsure how long it will take for players to receive their emblems for donating. There was a lot of donations. (Twitter)
- Pocket Infinity likes to crash the game, so it's staying in D1.
- If our armor from Y2 will be usable in Year 3: They're going to be slowly rolling that out over time, same way some of the Y1 stuff comes into Year 2.
- Luke on Lord of Wolves:
- More can be found here.
We can talk about Lord of Wolves, yeah. Okay. So, we were like—we talked all week about what to do with Lord of Wolves, it was this ongoing discussion, and a bunch of the leads got together. And we have- we have options. And we explored the options, and there is always this thing where you can make different decisions.
The community recommends stuff like, you know, like my dude Ari, my friend TripleWreck saying: “Take it away, just turn it off!” and that is an option. We have this blunt force, sort of trauma option. We’re actually not gonna do that! At the end of the week, we’re gonna let the wolves howl in the Iron Banner, it’s almost over, there is only like a little bit of time left.
But we do know, Lord of Wolves is a little… it’s like a lot hot.
[Luke makes hand gestures to illustrate it]
It’s a lot spicy. On PC, it’s like a second sniper rifle mixed with a pulse rifle. And when you put an empowering rift underneath you, we all know what happens.
What we’re gonna do, is we’re going to leave it in. However! If you play Iron Banner this week, one of the things we’re doing is—we’re gonna add a Triumph to the game, that’s kind of like a “I remember when” Triumph. We haven’t done something like this before, but we think Destiny and games in general, these places where you can like build and form memories.
So, what we wanna do is we’re gonna add a Triumph to the game and then if you play Iron Banner this week the Triumph is gonna come with a nameplate (emblem), that’s like-- some cool artistic rendition of like, hey that week where Lord of Wolves was like totally nuts, and like super hot.
The way we think about stuff like this is, we did this earlier with [Prometheus Lens]. Just lean in, run your Transformers laser gifs, lean in and run with it. And so, yep! The wolves are gonna howl a little bit, we are definitely gonna heel them later this year. We’re gonna nerf them shortly.
In the blog post that we put together we're gonna also talk there briefly about the one thing: one thing-- the silver lining that we’re seeing is that roaming supers are coming down a little bit in Iron Banner. Finally, you’re not just getting trampled, and I do mean trampled. And so, a thing we’re looking at this fall too, the team upstairs is looking at, is how to adjust damage resistance for supers. We’re making a bunch of changes.
[Regarding the patch] we're looking at this summer, something like July. The state of the game gets into is-- we have a patch that we're readying right now. The patch is gonna come out in a, like, a couple of weeks. We could take the patch off the- like, of the "patch factory" more or less, and ask a bunch of people to work super long, and add this thing in. And we're having the conversation 'bout, is it worth doing that or is it better to preserve the sort of work/life balance and ship it later in July. That's the like, 100% God's honest truth. We don't know, but it's always a cost benefit analysis for people who are working super hard.
Taking something out of a release candidate is something we don't like to do very often. For instance, we just did it recently with the Contest modifier that we added to the raid, and so to ask a team to do that back to back - you know, full disclosure - just not a thing we wanna do. So, we try to be really careful about stuff like that.