Weekly Summary 15
- New Launch Window article.
- "Shadowkeep would benefit from a little more time on the workbench, so we're going to take it. Shadowkeep & New Light will launch on 10/1/19. I'm hoping to publish a State of the Game (warning: likely very long, somewhat-to-very nerdy) post next week looking at the last six months of learnings from Destiny 2 and outlining the kind of changes we're making to the game in Shadowkeep and why." Luke Smith, Twitter.
- Cross Save will become available later this month, and they'll talk more about that next week. (Twitter)
- The Steam launch occurs alongside Shadowkeep. (Twitter)
- Initial post here.
- You don't have to Masterwork the Solstice sets to pick up the 2.0 versions in Shadowkeep. (Reddit) 2
- You have to wait until Shadowkeep to see what Armor 2.0 is like. (Reddit) 2
- You are not losing any Y2 armor sets. (Reddit)
- They are always looking to improve spawning in the Crucible. With 12 Guardians flying around at high speed it's sometimes tough to decide a safe place to drop you in using math. (Forums)
- Tribute Hall is a permanent location. (Twitter)
- Feedback to allow stacks exceed 999 has been passed along. (Twitter)
- Uncommon and Rare solstice armors will be ornaments come Shadowkeep. (Reddit)
- The upcoming community challenge will be a fun testing ground, and they'll see how they can grow in the future. Stay tuned for details. (Reddit)
- On Mountaintop quest adjustments;
We had a lot of conversation internally. It's a tricky situation where you identify a lengthy quest that needs to be tuned down. How do you make changes without disrespecting the time and effort of those who earned the reward?
In this case, and speaking from personal experience, many of those who earned the reward agreed that the requirements were a bit over the top. It may sting, but it's understood. (Reddit)
- Feedback about launching forges from Director is heard loud and clear. The change is a bit more technical than one would expect - takes UI time, test, and matchmaking work. (Reddit)
- Solstice of Heroes has retained it's end date of 8/27. Moments of Triumph, however, has been extended. See TWAB for more info. (Twitter)
- Please do not dismantle the emblems for participating in Prometheus Lens Tag and Lord Of Wolves, as you can't reclaim them from collections. (Twitter) Players should be aware that these emblems will not appear in the Collection until Destiny 2 has been updated at a later date. (Twitter)
- They'll continue letting the team know that there's a desire for in-game functionality regarding loadouts. (Forums)
- On adding a feature to remove mods from armor:
The team is aware of this feedback. Specifically, players desire a way to retain mods that have been applied to weapons. One note that we've made sure to highlight is negative feedback surrounding time investment to acquire specific mods, like those tied to Black Armory, and how it isn't a great feeling to lose them when experimenting with other mods.
Thanks to all who have posted threads about it!
When we have more info, we'll let you know. (Forums)
- They have a hard cap on 21 mini bosses in EAZ. Could be a limitation so players don’t hit errors like what happened with the Verdant Forest - but verification is needed. (Twitter)
- "This will translate to a feedback item that we'll present to the folks that created Solstice. There's always a hunger to push the limit on activities - and it's entirely valid to want to dominate bosses for as long as possible. We didn't note a 21 cap in comms, so that's on us." (Twitter)
- TWAB later this afternoon. With two additional weeks in Season of Opulence, they want to make sure their live game calendar stays lively. (Twitter)
- They are planning to distribute the Wolves Unleashed and Prismatic Inferno Emblems to qualifying players by end of the week. (Reddit) 2 TWAB didn't give an exact date for distribution. (Twitter)
- Regarding Hunter grenade buffs.
- Discrepancies regarding reset times for Prometheus Lens emblem are being looked into. (Reddit)
- They've been summarizing feedback over difficulty and rewards in Reckoning and passing it along. (Forums)
- Gahlrans Deception respawns with full health if he dies right as he starts to teleport is a known issue, being investigated. (Twitter)