Undying, Solstice 2.0 Sets
- You need to win again to get the new MOTW emblem. (Reddit)
- You have to get the Undying title before the season ends. (Reddit)
- In Momentum Control you can blast down people using heavy with your main weapons much easier. (Reddit)
- On 2.0 Solstice armor and its poor stats:
Prior to Shadowkeep, we had conversations of how to respect the time players put in to earning these sets. As we were nearing the end of development for the release, we didn't have a lot of time to play with when it came to implementing a means to acquire the armor, and test it to ensure there we no issues.
There was no goal to give the armor poor stats, but we did have conversation that it wouldn't be appropriate to give players extremely high or max stat armor pieces out the gate. It would reduce motivation for players to earn new pieces or engage with challenging content in search of their desired rolls. The goal was to give middle of the road stats, which players could toy with to learn the new Armor 2.0 system. This gave opportunity for players to improve stats via masterworking and stat mods as they played the early-endgame... so to speak. We also wanted to ensure players could throw on the ornaments of previously obtained versions of the gear, if they completed the full set before Solstice was over. This pushed me personally to grind out the event so I could have my busted up pieces in the new world of Armor 2.0.
That said, I'll make sure the following feedback items are heard. I can't promise any changes as we'll have to prioritize this with other seasonal development and QOL changes, but thank you for letting us know your thoughts.
- Players would like to see Solstice gear as Universal Ornaments
- Players would like a means of grinding/acquiring random rolls for these sets, to earn higher stats or different affinities (Reddit)