Weekly Summary 19
- Game security team is aware of the cheating reports and investigating. (Reddit)
- The Glimmer drops are not the underlying cause of performance issues in the Garden of Salvation raid. They are investigating that issue and will let you know as soon as they have more info. (Reddit)
- Season Rank buying going live was an unintended consequence of the update [yesterday[. They are still committed to the plan for purchasing Season Ranks later in the seasons we communicated previously. These purchases have been disabled with a server side fix. (Reddit) 2
- The lore was added for the raid weapons but there is a bug where it won't show up in-game. They are currently investigating. (Reddit)
- The issue where the Izanagi's quest doesn't recognize that you have an Obsidian Crystal is being looked into. (Twitter)
- Will let the team know that some players feel that Masterworking is too expensive. (Forums)
- The fact that Xenophage does not do precision damage is not a bug and by design. However, the weapon is unintentionally underperforming and they are currently investigating. (Reddit) 2 3
- Feedback that Season Pass should give you a discount on all Eververse content has been passed along. (Reddit) 2 3 4
- Cozmo recommends not using Obsidian Crystals or Forge keys until they can put out an additional fix for Izanagi's burden quest. (Forums) They'll let you know when they have more info on when the fix will arrive. (Reddit)
- Will let the team know so they can consider changing up the stat rolls on pinnacle armor in the future. (Reddit)
- On scaling Glimmer cost on the Artifact for each time you reset it:
I believe the goal here was to make you feel like you were spec'ing out a build rather than just changing out settings with no weight towards the choices. At the same time, we also wanted to let you try out some of the other choices and not feel stuck with your first decision.
I'll definitely let the team know that the scaling glimmer costs seem too prohibitive and that new mods showing up as "new" each time you reset is annoying. (Reddit)
- Lags and framedrops in inventory screen when applying mods or opening engrams are being tracked and investigated. (Reddit)
- Lengthy black screens while loading into the Crucible are being investigated. (Reddit) 2
- Lunar Memoriam Emblem acquisition is being tracked. (Reddit)
- Will let the team know that players would like to see the Perfect Paradox to be updated (aka Khovostov'd). (Reddit)
- On Eververse feedback:
We're actively passing all of the feedback on Eververse, FOTL, Bright Dust, etc to the dev team. [...] We are meeting with the team regularly to go over your suggestions on what can be improved. We'll share more details as soon as we can. (Reddit)
- Triumph for soloing The Pit when you don't complete it in one go not unlocking is being looked at. (Twitter)
- They are keeping an eye on feedback regarding Momentum Control and will consider keeping it in the rotation in the future. (Forums)
- Feedback about various factors of the Artifact (see source) have been passed along. (Reddit)
- They are tracking a performance issue related to opening Nostalgic Engrams. (Reddit)
- On Trials and Faction Rallies:
We don't have any new info for you on either of these topics. The team is aware of the feedback for Trials to return and for either Factions to return permanently like in D1, some form of Factions Rallies to return, or for Faction gear to return. At least that is the feedback I have been seeing. Let me know if you have any different suggestions.
We'll let you know if we have anything new to share in the future. (Reddit)
- Black screens before a Crucible match are being investigated. (Reddit) 2
- Issue where Multikills don't count in Survival is being looked at. (Reddit)
- Feedback about buffing both Desperado and Breakneck has been passed along to the dev team. (Forums)
- Give Cozmo feedback about the Recluse here.
- On "Postmaster is Full!" warnings anywhere:
I have brought this up to the team and will let them know this is still something the community would like to see changed. The reason we didn't want to show this while in activities is we thought it would get pretty annoying as you probably still want to finish what you are doing first. Let us know what you think about changing to show in activity or in orbit. Thanks! (Forums)
DMG adds: There were some problem spaces the team was looming at in terms of the warning spamming you in orbit, in game, etc. (Forums)
- Feedback about buffing Linear Fusion rifles for PVE has been passed along. (Forums)
- On Multikills issues in Survival:
I spoke with the dev team and this is by design. We were trying to address the problem of when you have 1 shared life left and everyone dies at once through a Multikill, who gets to come back and use that last life for the Team?
When a Multikill happens, there is no simple way to understand who died first, so we don’t know who “deserves” to come back. Instead of being frustrated at the teammate who got magically chosen to be brought back in, we decided it was better to revive everyone. It is an infrequent edge case, and we felt it was a better team experience to not have to be angry at your teammates because they got in and you didn’t.
Feel free to give any feedback on this but that's the current thinking. Thanks! (Reddit)
- Master of Arms nerf clarification:
When Master of Arms procs there will be a damage buff to both precision and body damage, but it will not longer make every shot count as precision. (Reddit)
DMG adds: The Master of Arms perk currently defaults all damage to crit. Will no longer do that. (Twitter) You can spray at a boss or enemy, hit their body, and it gives a damage buff AND crit damage. (Twitter)
Still get a damage buff. Flat %, to my knowledge. Once the change is live, it'll be pretty easy to understand when you see it and feel it. (Twitter)
- Perfect Gambit triumph fixed next season: Will work how the description reads and no longer fail if someone dies. (Reddit)
- Issue where Play of The Game had its masterwork changed and reset to 0 is not something they are going to be able to fix. (Reddit)
- Feedback about Undying Mind has been passed along. (Reddit) Including added difficulty or unique drops (Reddit) 2 3
- Give your feedback here.
- Will continue to let the team know that Loadouts in game is a common request from the community. (Forums)
- Team is aware of request to remove one per week restriction on Escalation Protocol armors. Can't give a timeline, but they've got people eager to tackle the feedback. (Reddit)
- Team is aware that the bounty "Arsenal of Tricks" is disproportionate to the other IB bounties. A change for the future is being looked at. Won't ship this season. (Reddit)
- Crucible Labs Elimination feedback threads can be found here.
- On Eververse and claims that rewards were cut from activities to be put in Eververse:
I want say clearly, we did not take these rewards from activities and move them to Eververse.
To give a bit of context, there were goals to make the entire season/Shadowkeep launch feel unified by having items in the Eververse be Vex/Scarlet Keep themed. We have been looking at the feedback and understand how this led to the perception that the rewards were taken from activities, rather than created specifically for purchase.
There will always be a drive in development to have Eververse items feel tied to the Destiny universe, but we can be much better at ensuring they don't feel too thematically tied to activities/gameplay rewards. (Reddit)
- On Nightfall rewards and exclusive loot:
In Year 1, we had a bit of feedback that Nightfalls didn't feel rewarding enough, thus Uniques/Emblems/Scoring were brought into the fold. Feedback was given that the weapons were great, but the cosmetic rewards (ghosts, sparrows, ships) weren't as desirable. Forsaken added a few weapons w/ random rolls that helped to address this.
Moving into Shadowkeep, Nightfalls became a repeatable grind to earn Masterwork materials, and Exotics w/ random rolls. Do you feel that this isn't as rewarding as a a single weapon?
Thanks a ton. (Reddit)
Why not both?
Time, resources, etc.
Create a weapon for a NF which is becoming a masterwork/exotic grind, or create a unique weapon for the Raid?
There isn't always a 1:1 comparison, but it's something to help frame the scenario. We don't have the ability to create unique weapons for every single activity in the game each release, so there has to be prioritization while factoring in every reward available per activity. (Reddit)
- Give your feedback about Vostok here.
- Team has been looking into giving ability to see active seasonal bonuses in Season Pass. (Reddit)
- Will do a followup with the team on missing mods. (Reddit)
- They'll be watching how the +2 changes impact the power chase over remainder of the season. Feedback has been sent over that exotic drops can sometimes feel underwhelming due to the lack of pinnacle power. (Forums)
We're currently monitoring responses to the +2 change to pinnacle drops. If we were to make all prime engrams pinnacle level, I feel feedback would quickly turn into pinnacles feeling meaningless. Players would get through the 950-960 level track pretty fast.
That said, I'll make sure we get feedback to the team over prime engrams losing value when you hit 950. (Forums)
- Team is aware of feedback surrounding ability kills bounty in Iron Banner, and they're looking to update the bounty requirements for next season. (Forums)
- They're currently giving feedback to the team over Eververse and the lack of vendor refreshes. Once they have information, they will let you know. (Forums)
- The team has been looking at feedback over the season on Eriana's Vow catalyst, and will be applying what they've learned to future catalysts. (Reddit)
- Feedback about rocket launchers needing more love has been passed to the team. (Forums)
- Feedback that Exotics should be able to have anti-champion mods has been heard. (Forums)
- On how forges work now: Having the forges all collapsed into a single playlist helps matchmaking times - with all players on one node, you won't have to wait to be matchmade (or go in alone). They'll continue to monitor feedback over how Black Armory content could be improved, forge rotations included. (Forums)
- They've been collecting feedback on affinities, how they currently work and what players would like to see (Forums)
- On poor Anarchy RNG:
Thanks for the post. We've seen a few stories similar to this. While I cannot make the promise of RNG protection being added to previous raids, I can say that we're bringing this feedback to the development team.
Additionally, Anarchy is planned to receive an increase to drop chances in a future update. Want to set proper expectations, it should match the change we made to One Thousand Voices, which is currently at a 10% chance.
Stay tuned for official patch notes in the case something changes between now and then. (Reddit)
- On how Gambit Combatants are:
Depending on the round, the enemy composition may be different. More majors/less redbars. Sometimes, you'll encounter different enemies to fight against that may require a different approach. Ex: Rushing into a sea of Cabal Legionaries could turn out well, but running into a wall of Cabal Turrets? Might result in the need for a rez.
There are no handicap systems or hidden modifiers to make enemies hit you harder.
Are you seeing differences where enemies are requiring more damage to take down? A redbar dreg in one round taking more shots than another redbar dreg? Throw us videos if that's the case. (Reddit)
- On Map voting:
I'll get this onto the list of Crucible feedback. This has been requested by players frequently. I do not know when this could be prioritized, as it could require some intensive work on the back end to implement.
When you say "how bad maps are," what is the feedback here? Do you dislike specific maps, or are you getting similar maps too many times in a row?
The team has started pulling maps out of rotation on a seasonal basis to address some bugs, issues, and feedback. Please let me know what your feelings are on the current maps so we can give the team a sense of priority on what needs to be looked at next! (Forums)
- Bug where the D2 companion app tells you to get final blows with ATMs and toilets will get fixed soonish. (Reddit)