13th - 17th August
This article is pre-Forsaken.
ON REDRIX'S WEAPONS:
Yesterday, we announced the goal of removing time pressure associated with Glory ranks, and that Pinnacle Crucible rewards will be awarded via quests starting in Season 4.
Redrix’s Claymore will remain exclusive to Season 3. The Redrix’s Broadsword will be available through a pinnacle weapon questline in Season 4 offered by Lord Shaxx. To set expectations, here are the quest steps that must be completed in order to acquire Redrix’s Broadsword:
• In the Crucible. Defeat 200 opponents with Pulse Rifle final blows.
• Reach Valor Rank “Heroic”
• In the Crucible. Earn 75 Double Plays.
• In the Crucible. Defeat 150 opponents with precision final blows from any Pulse Rifle.
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Arc final blows
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Solar final blows
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Void final blows
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Quickplay (Rotators count)
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Competitive
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Rumble
• Complete 20 Crucible Bounties
• Reset your Valor rank 5 times within a single season
• Visit Lord Shaxx and claim your reward. (Forums)
Q. Does resetting your valor rank counts retroactively. For example if i reset the rank 2 times before the step does it count for the quest step or no?
Nope. (Twitter) (See below under "Kevin" for more on this)
- Valor Rank resets only count during the season in which you have the quest in your inventory. Past resets will NOT count towards this. (Twitter)
- Any rank related objective can be completed anytime during the season and will count once you hit a step that requires it. Making Valor progress during the early steps still makes progress towards the later step. So capitalize on those booster weekends and the changes to Valor win streaks in Competitive. If you keep grinding Comp you’ll get a full Valor streak and keep it even on loss.(Twitter)
Q. Does this mean that if I reset my valor twice while working on the quest it’ll count towards the later step? Believe you said no in this case? Just kinda confused with this.
It will still count so long as all 5 are done in the same season. This is only the case with the rank objectives. (Twitter)
Q. Am I right in thinking that theoretically if I am at the reset valor stage but do not complete it in season 4 I can do it in season 5?
Q. Let's say while a player completes step 1, does that produce progress on step 4 once they reach it? Or is it a clean slate for each step?
Clean slate. Earn it. (Twitter)
Q. Are all quest steps available to complete? or do i need to complete step 1 to access step 2?
Step by step. (Twitter)
Q. After getting my Claymore I went into comp solo and am now at 2090, I take it I'll still get the emblem tied to getting the Claymore/reaching fabled or do I need to get back to 2100?
Just getting Claymore and hitting Fabled is enough. Deranking will not hurt that. (Twitter)
- SBMM isn't on in Quickplay. (DMG, Twitter)
- Claymore is shelved on the 4th. (Cozmo, Twitter)
- The TWAB for context.
- Losses still make players lose glory
- Weekly decay was also re-tuned to fit in with new values
- Going 50/50 in heroic now leaves you with some points for a net positive. (Kevin, Twitter thread)
- Competitive is now: (Kevin, Twitter thread)
- Competitive Variants of: Control & Clash
- Claymores Prestige Ornament is being retired. If you didn't earn it in Season 3 then you will not be able to earn it at all. This was exclusive to S3. So get it while the getting is good. (Kevin, Twitter thread)
- Claymore owners get instant access to Broadsword via way of token turn ins once Forsaken launches. The quest to achieve Broadsword will take considerable time and energy to complete and will warrant the reward at the end. (Twitter thread)
- While they wanted more players to experience the Outlaw + Desperado combo they didn't want to give it away for free. Your achievement in earning Claymore is memorialized in the Triumphs and via emblem. You will also be a part of the few running around with Broadsword on day 1. (Kevin, Twitter thread)
- Broadsword is same archetype and same slot as Claymore. (Kevin, Twitter)
- Current season stuff ends on the 4th. (Kevin, Twitter)
- Resplendent Solstice Armor will be infusable above 405 Power after Forsaken drops on September 4. (Chris A, Twitter)
- Scorched ends on 28th of August. (DMG, Twittter)
- Andrew W clarifies: 6 player free-for-all Scorched debuts at the weekly reset Tuesday 8/21 and lasts through Thursday 8/23. 6v6 team scorched turns on Friday 8/24 and lasts until the weekly reset on Tuesday 8/28. (DMG, Twitter)
- On the Clan Mate Resilience boost: +1 Resilience when playing with a clanmate. No increase based on how many are in fireteam, just a flat +1. (DMG, Twitter)
- Doubtful that it will increase Resilience beyond cap, but he will ask. (DMG, Twitter)
- Plans sometimes change. As such, the changes must be communicated. [The Redrix Saga] isn't a case of holding back an entire plan, please don't confuse it as such. (DMG, Twitter)
- They welcome all of the feedback surrounding the Redrix weapons and are passing it along accordingly. (DMG, Twitter)
- You won't be able to turn [Faction Rallies tokens] in as there will not be any more Faction Rallies [for S4]. They won't disappear though. (Cozmo, Twitter)
- All Year 1 Mods are going away. Year 2 Armor will accept Year 2 Armor Mods. Year 1 Armor will not accept any mods. (Cozmo, Twitter)
- On exclusive Eververse rewards/bringing back the Spicy Ramen emote:
In the past when we offered Emotes and some other Eververse rewards, we told players that they would only be available during the season they were sold. We don't really want those statements to come across as misleading now by offering Season 1 Emotes like Spicy Ramen again. That said, plans can change. Especially if the community is asking for them to. I can make this suggestion to the team, but first I want to get feedback from the community and make sure we wouldn't be making a lot of players in the community angry by changing our stance on this. Please share your thoughts [in the Reddit comment section] (Cozmo, Reddit)
- If you've accidentally deleted a Ghost shell because of the graphical glitch after the Hotfix, you should be able to retrieve it from your Collection screen when Forsaken launches next month. (BNGHelp6 on Forums)
- The Parade Gear will be available in Collections (if you had it after Warmind) (DMG, Reddit)
- Feedback to put patch notes in game has been passed along, unsure if this will happen any time soon. (DMG, Twitter)
- They are investigating the issue where vendor items are stuck at 376. (Forums)
- They are investigating the issue where players may get suspended even if they didn't leave the game. (Forums) 2
- They are currently investigating the issue where Raid Lair ornaments doesn't show up to unlock, even if you got the ornament to drop. (Forums)
- They are tracking the issue where completion of EP isn't showing up on a player's Triumphs. (Forums)
- Feedback about giving Sunshot more rounds has been passed along to the team (see source for more). (Cozmo, Reddit)
- Emote ideas have been passed along to the team, one of them where our Guardian holds and pets a chicken. (Cozmo, Reddit)
- It is believed that 1 HKO shoulder charges/ 2 hit melees / 3 taps are coming on the 28th. (DMG, Twitter)
- Competitive is staying in Forsaken. (Kevin, Twitter)
- Feedback about not changing matchmaking mid-season (and some other things, see source) has been noted. (Kevin, Twitter)
- More here about the former.
- Having more specific numbers (unrounded damage, cooldowns, health values, etc.) published on http://Bungie.net going forward is a call for the Sandbox team to make. (Derek, Twitter)
- Breakthrough is unlikely to appear in Labs, as it relies on some code and content that won't ship until Forsaken. (Derek, Twitter)
Screenshot by @logandavid888